That’s what some of you are going to say while reading, and after you have finished reading, this article.
I’m going to take a break from the “Cultural-ishtianity” series to address what is happening in the United States of America. I’m compelled to do so after weeks of watching what’s happening and trying to figure it out. Being an ex-engineer, figuring things out is part of my DNA. What is going on and who’s calling the plays?
Here comes the part where some will wonder if I’ve lost my mind. Ready?
We are all witnessing a well-orchestrated attack, but it’s not from who it appears to be. Nor is this is not about what it appears to be about. Do we, as a nation, have issues that need to be addressed? Absolutely. But this has gone beyond that. Powerful forces are taking advantage of a situation that started out peaceful and right, but have now been hijacked to be used for evil, lawlessness and the destruction of a nation.
What we are witnessing is one of Satan’s greatest, coordinated efforts to sow discord in such a way as to destroy this country from its foundation upward. This, my friends, is spiritual warfare on a level that most of us have never seen in our lifetime.
Now, before you judge me as “nuts,” allow me present my thoughts. And, of course, you are free to disagree, but please do so with love and understanding.
Here’s what I see as the devil’s strategy:
- Infiltrate the schools from elementary through university. Slowly, methodically, over the last two generations, liberal, godless ideology has been taught to the children. Now, those same children have grown up and are the professors in the universities. They continue to teach revisionist history (U.S. and world) and hatred for anyone who would dare to disagree with them. Christian students are, literally, ridiculed for their faith in Jesus and, in some cases, singled out for abuse and retribution. Honest professors, those who have no political agenda, have spoken out about this but they, too, have been silenced. Those who scream loudest about free speech have stifled the free speech of believers and anyone who would dare to disagree with them, even to the point of violence, which goes without arrest or consequences. All part of the plan.
- A well-coordinated plan using today’s technology. Google, Face Book, Twitter, Tik Tok, and other social media platforms have been, and are being, used to almost instantly, plan and execute the next “protest” (riot). The same students who are attending the liberal universities (and other young people) are very savvy when it comes to the use of social media. In fact, most of them cannot live life without their cell in their hands at all times. And those whom Satan is using to plan, coordinate and execute this insurrection, have no idea that they are pawns, being used by the enemy of Christ. One more thing, I do not believe that those in the streets are planning any of this. They have neither the intelligence nor the ability to design or execute with such precision. What is happening, in almost perfect unison, requires a level of thinking and planning that the “protesters” simply don’t have.
- Tell a lie often enough and people will believe it. Who does Jesus describe as the “father of lies” (see John 8:44)? This is especially true of those with no critical thinking skills (those who grew up in the schools where they did not learn to read, write or do math) which describes most of the people at these riots. If they were able to think critically, they would see that the destruction of neighborhoods, the call to defund the police, the tearing down of historical statues will do nothing to solve the original problem of rogue police officers. Instead, through their social-media-fed brains, they continue to scream the lies that they are being told, mostly because they aren’t able to think it through. Once again, the devil’s plan is working with great success.
- Spiritual warfare is going on all around us, we just don’t see it, or don’t want to understand it. Here’s where some of you are saying, “Wait, . . . . what?” Spiritual warfare is not a new concept. The Bible speaks of it frequently. Want some proof? Here are only two of many Scripture passages:
o Daniel 10:1-18. Ephesians 6:10-12.
I realize that without a Biblical world-view, this makes no sense at all and will be labeled as the ramblings of a “right-wing, dangerous Christian fanatic.” And yes, the plan is to slander and then silence all Christian voices. Look around at what's happening. Ever wonder why the churches had to be shut down for Covid 19 but the abortion clinics and liquor stores were deemed to be “essential?” Think about that for a while.
So what do we, as believers, do during such times as these? Here are some thoughts about that from Paul’s first letter to the church at Thessalonica (1 Thes. 5:12-22):
- “But we request of you, brethren, that you appreciate those who diligently labor among you, and have charge over you in the Lord and give you instruction, 13 and that you esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Live in peace with one another. 14 And we urge you, brethren, admonish the unruly, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with all men. 15 See that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always seek after that which is good for one another and for all men. 16 Rejoice always; 17 pray without ceasing; 18 in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 19 Do not quench the Spirit; 20 do not despise prophetic utterances. 21 But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good; 22 abstain from every form of evil.”
- "For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus” (Phil. 1:6).
There are many believers who are struggling with what’s happening in our land these days. Some are just plain fearful of what’s coming. Maybe you are one of them. To everyone who names the name of Christ as his or her Savior and Lord, remember who’s in charge. Hold fast to the promises of Christ.
Here are some Scripture passages to strengthen all of us during this time of uncertainty:
- Psalm 29: 1-11. Daniel 4:34-37. Matthew 10:29-32. 1 Timothy 6:13-16.
The words of Dr. Mal Couch about the coming of the Rapture of the Church are even truer now than ever before, “Perhaps today.”
By His Grace,
Gary T. Dromi, Ph.D., D.Min.